The Electrical Engineering (EE) Department at the University of Sharjah (UOS) invites applications for a faculty position in Power Electronics commencing September 2023. Qualified candidates at the levels of Assistant or Associate Professor are encouraged to apply. The applied candidate is expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence (including a variety of given courses in the area of expertise) and student advising/supervision at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The applicant is also expected to have a strong research record/track, (mainly in power electronics circuits along with its advanced topologies and applications), that enables his/her to develop and sustain internally and/or externally funded research projects in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in prestigious refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the University.
The EE Department at UOS is committed to excellence in teaching, research, and services to the university and community. It has an ABET-accredited B.Sc. undergraduate program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. It also has a M.Sc. program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and a Ph.D. program in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
The application package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV including all research/teaching activities, teaching philosophy, a list of the taught courses (as an instructor), and all other experiences that support your application. English is the language of instruction and communication at the UOS. Screening of applications will start in 2023 and it will continue until the position is filled.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Supervising graduate students.
- Carrying research in his/her area of specialization.
- Conducting examinations.
- Academic advising.
- Helping students in Lab experiments as part of senior design projects and other research projects.
- Department, College, and University administrative work.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from a reputable University, (Ph. D. from the Universities in USA, Europe, and Canada is a plus)
- Demonstrate a solid research record and a capability of teaching a wide variety of courses in the areas of expertise in addition to Electrical Engineering basic/core courses.
- Any industrial or postdoctoral experience is preferable.
- Minimum one year as an assistant/associate professor with very good experiences in teaching as an instructor, a good research record, and a supervision record of graduate students (Master and Ph. D. students) is preferred.
- Any western experience in USA, Europe, and Canada is also preferable.