POSITION Postdoctoral Fellow
DEPARTMENT The Center for Artificial Intelligence
INSTITUTION Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Director, The Center for Artificial Intelligence
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, and with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for multiple postdoctoral fellowships with the Center for Artificial Intelligence.
These positions are newly created to fulfill the missions and objectives of the Center for Artificial Intelligence by achieving excellence in research and innovation in machine intelligence. The Center has the state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and strong institutional support to maximize the outcome of research in artificial intelligence (AI).
Research areas of the Center include deep learning in neural networks, fuzzy logic, optimization, image processing, computer vision, signal processing, time series, pattern recognition, and virtual reality, with diverse applications to medicine, health, life science, energy, smart living, natural science, robotics, law, business, and humanities.
The Postdoctoral Fellow with the Center for Artificial Intelligence will
- Carry out high-quality research in AI,
- Present research findings at conferences worldwide.
- Enhance the research culture at PMU.
- Seek external funding to support and expand his/her research activities to enhance the prestige and visibility of PMU and to initiate research projects with local industries, government agencies and the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research in AI and its applications.
- Be result-oriented and productive in high-quality scholarly publications in reputable journals and conference proceedings.
- Collaborate with faculty and students on research topics of common interest.
- Teach one course or two as needed.
- Assist with PMU’s research activities including regular international meetings, visits of senior scholars, and scientific advisory boards.
- Write research proposals and generate external funding.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Successful candidates must have
- A PhD degree in computer science, engineering, physics, data science, mathematics or a closely related field,
- A track record of carrying out cutting-edge research demonstrated by publications in top journals/conferences,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), a copy of PhD degree, statement of research and teaching interest (no more than 3 pages long), and the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee.
Note: Scanned copy of promotion letter/s from Assistant Professorship to your current academic rank if applying for Associate/Full Professor (if applicable);
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Ms. Shazia Sammer Syed/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro/ email@example.com
Ms. Rania Sinno/ firstname.lastname@example.org
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.