Sichuan University-Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI), located in Chengdu, China, invites applications to fill a faculty position (tenure-track or non-tenure-track) in Materials Science and Engineering at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The position is to start from the 2022 Fall Semester.
Terms of employment, including salary, relocation, and start-up packages are competitive and on par with similar offers by universities in North America.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree by the time of hire and must be able to teach general materials science and engineering courses such as Structure of Crystals and Diffraction, Materials Structure and Properties, Experimental Methods in Materials Science and Engineering, and Materials Selection. Expertise in Phase Equilibria in Multi-Component Materials and Manufacturing Processes and Analysis is preferable.
- Effective oral and written communication in English is required, as English is the official language of the Institute.
- Successful applicants should have the ability to build externally funded research programs, as well as contribute to the teaching missions of the Institute.
Qualified applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include the following materials in PDF form:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Name and Contact Information of at least three references
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
SCUPI is an academic entity jointly established by Sichuan University and the University of Pittsburgh. Approved by China’s Ministry of Education in 2014, SCUPI is one of the large-scale partnerships between a top US university and a top-rate Chinese university. SCUPI now enrolls around 850 undergraduate students in three majors, including Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The technical curriculum complies fully with the curriculum of Pitt's Swanson School of Engineering and all courses are taught in English. SCUPI will continue to grow in size and discipline. Along with this strategic plan, a new SCUPI building is about to be completed. This new space and facilities will offer vast opportunities for research, education, and career development innovations.
The successful candidates for these positions will benefit from the resources, support, and a multidisciplinary research environment fostered by Sichuan University, the University of Pittsburgh, and other partnering institutions around the globe. Sichuan University, Sichuan Province, and the Chinese government have existing programs with special funding support for eligible junior faculty. More information about SCUPI can be found at https://scupi.scu.edu.cn/en/.