The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades invites applications for the Instrumental Analysis Technician position.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will provide effective technical support while performing the following tasks:
- Ensure analytical lab equipment is functional and properly maintained.
- Implement a safety program for all users of lab/workshop spaces.
- Implement electronic inventory control of all lab/workshop assets.
- Manage annual maintenance contracts for all lab/workshop equipment.
- Manage corrective action on nonconforming equipment/instruments.
- Manage all ordering of equipment and consumables for lab/workshop spaces.
- Track/forecast budget costs for all lab/workshop areas.
- Prepare and setup lab equipment for student use.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Academic Chair.
- Ensure adherence to CNAQ lab protocol and safety regulations.
- Assist with student – related projects with approval from your supervisor.
- Maintain and organize lab or workshop records / documentation.
- Liaise with the OHS officer to ensure compliance with College Policies.
- Liaise with Faculty / Chair related to the operational needs of the labs/workshops
- Align with and maintain behavior and actions consistent with college policy
- Represents the school in a positive, professional and respectful manner
- Participates in school meetings and activities
- Stay informed of program/course changes
All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
A B.Sc. in analytical chemistry, chemistry or chemical engineering with a minimum of 3 years practical laboratory experience using analytical equipment (includes GC, HPLC & IC).
Certification of training on analytical equipment.
Other Required Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Detailed oriented person with outstanding organizational skills
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, staff, vendors, and members of the community
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.