The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management at the University of Wyoming invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering, focus in Transportation Engineering, beginning August 2023. This is a full-time, 9-month, benefitted position at the University of Wyoming campus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidates are sought with expertise in Transportation Engineering. The duties of the position are:
- To teach undergraduate courses in Civil Engineering, typically three courses per year during the pre-tenure period
- To perform scholarly research, including:
- To secure and complete externally-funded research projects
- To disseminate results through scholarly publications and presentations
- To mentor and advise graduate students
- To perform service to the Department, College, and the University, including ABET-accreditation activities, student mentoring, and community-engagement activities
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, focus in Transportation Engineering, from a US Institution, completed by August 2023
- Demonstrated research experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Ability to teach undergraduate courses in Civil Engineering, including familiarity with software tools used in Transportation Engineering
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience teaching Civil Engineering courses at the university level
- Demonstrated experience writing research proposals for external funding
- Professional work experience in the area of Transportation Engineering
- Professional Engineering licensure or eligibility for licensure
- Ability to teach courses such as: Geometric Design, Traffic Operations, Traffic Safety, Intelligent Transportation Systems
The selected candidate will join a successful and well-established transportation group, with excellent facilities including a two-cab driving simulator (passenger vehicle and freight truck). The selected candidate will have an excellent opportunity to collaborate with departmental faculty, and to collaborate with agencies such as the Wyoming Department of Transportation.
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management consists of a diverse and inclusive group of 22 faculty and approximately 400 students. We offer ABET-accredited B.S. programs in Civil and Architectural Engineering, and an ACCE-accredited B.S. program in Construction Management. The Department also offers graduate programs in Civil and Architectural Engineering at the Masters and Ph.D. levels.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- A cover letter addressing the candidate’s interest in this position and qualifications
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A statement including: a) research accomplishments, interests and plans; b) teaching accomplishments and philosophy; c) approach to diversity, inclusion, and student success.
- Contact information for at least four references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please do not include supplemental information, such as off-prints of papers, reference letters, or transcripts. These will be requested as needed. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Priority deadline for receipt of materials is November 30, 2022, but the position will remain open until filled.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/.