The LeBlanc Lab at The George Washington University pioneers additive manufacturing of multifunctional materials for energy conversion and thermal management applications. We evolve techniques such as laser powder bed fusion and material extrusion to expand the applicability of additive manufacturing and increase our understanding of the fundamental mechanisms involved in materials/device design and fabrication. We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in additive manufacturing of functional materials.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has extensive experience in additive manufacturing, including laser powder bed fusion.
- has a PhD in materials science, engineering, chemistry, or physics.
- is enthusiastic about the role materials and manufacturing play in advanced energy technologies.
- has good time management and organizational skills.
- is a great communicator (written and oral).
- likes working collaboratively on a team.
Located in the heart of urban Washington, DC, our labs and offices are in the state-of-the-art Science & Engineering Hall. We are a short metro ride or drive away from numerous government laboratories and funding agencies. Our Virginia Science & Technology Campus is located in the heart of northern Virginia’s technology corridor.
Interested candidates should initially send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.