ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS
‘Faculty of Engineering’ of a Jeddah-based international university is seeking to appoint several faculty positions (both for males and females) that will have a key role in establishing the state-of-the-art research centers by securing funded research in addition to teaching responsibilities.
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive tax-free salary, which will be commensurate with professional experience and research credentials. Other benefits include annual housing allowance, a one-time furniture allowance, monthly transportation allowance, annual tickets from Jeddah to the country of origin for up to three family members, free medical care and two months paid annual holidays. Also, they will receive logistic support for family visa. As part of career-building of the faculty, the university provides lucrative funding opportunities for conducting applied and commercialize research through various national and international grants.
What We Expect:
We are looking for highly motivated, outstanding scientists and active researchers who are equipped with the ability to create a difference. Responsibilities include writing proposals for funding, acquiring grants, engaging in scholarly activities, teaching and working on programs accreditation.
Titles: Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, Professors.
Qualifications: Ph.D. preferably from a top-ranked North American/European university.
Have a Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. degree in the same related Major.
Have an established track record of publishing in top quartile journals.
Have at least 5 ISI-indexed publications (for Associate Prof. & Prof.) and at least 2 ISI-indexed publications (for Assistant Prof.) during the last 3 years.
Have demonstrated a potential to bring funded research.
ii) Nice to have:
Experience of curriculum development.
Exposure of ABET accreditation.
Patent(s) on his/her credit.
Experience of product development.
We are interested in candidates with expertise and experience in specific areas but not limited to the provided minors.
1. Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
• Transportation Engineering: focusing on the areas of evaluation and simulation of smart transportation systems
• Autonomous vehicles and traffic mitigation
• Disaster recovery
• Livable communities and integration of community services and energy utilization
2. Major: Architectural Engineering
• Building Engineering
• Applied Energy
• Building Engineering / Construction Management
3. Electrical Engineering and Electronics
• Renewable Energy
4. Energy Engineering
• Energy Economics & Policy
• Renewable energies
• Integration and optimization of industrial processes
• Energy-efficient buildings, equipment and processes
• Control, forecasting and optimization of energy systems
• Enhanced Heat Transfer
5. Industrial and Innovation Engineering
• Research design and methods
• Parallel product and business development
• Product Development and Innovation Management
• Industrial Transformation and Technical Changes
• Technology Management
• Industrial Marketing
• Production planning and scheduling
• Human factors engineering and ergonomics
• Systems design and integration
• Robotics and automation
6. Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
• Project Management
• Logistics Network Design and Supply Chain Management
• Manufacturing Improvement
• Industrial and Commercial Data Systems
• Logistics Network Design and Supply Chain Management
• Industrial Design and Human Factors
• Enterprise-Scale Systems
• Optimization of Industrial problems
7. Water Desalination and Sustainability
• Thermal and Hybrid Processes
• Membrane and process characterization
• Intake, pre-treatment, post-treatment and Environmental Issues
• Water and Wastewater Treatment
• water engineering, including fluid mechanics, hydrology, and sustainable design
• Desalination Economics and Management
• Marine Water Discharge
• Water Infrastructure Engineering
• Water Treatment Engineering
• Water Process Engineering
8. Mechanical Engineering and Material Science
9. Production Engineering
• Smart Manufacturing Systems
• Precision Engineering and Metrology
• Circular Manufacturing Systems
• Sustainable Production Systems
• Digital Smart Production
10. Welding Engineering
• Welding Processes
• Welding Metallurgy
• Welding Design
• Non-Destructive Evaluation
• Micro/Nano Material Processing, Characterization and Joining
• Joining of Plastics and Composites
11. Fire and Safety Engineering
• Process Safety Engineering
• Industrial Safety Engineering
• Quantitative Risk Analysis
• Fire Protection Engineering
• Disaster and Emergency Management
• Fire Engineering Design and Assessment
How to Apply:
Step 1: Interested applicants are invited to prepare their CV according to the following guidelines:
• Contact Details: Please also mention your ‘WhatsApp’ number and ‘Skype’ ID. The CV should preferably contain your recent picture. Also, mention your ID on research databases (ResearcherID, Google Scholar, ResearchGate)
• Qualifications: in reverse chronological order. The titles of degrees mentioned on a CV should exactly match with the awarded degrees. Also, mention the name of departments (in addition to universities) from where the degrees have been earned.
• Experience: in reverse chronological order. Please mention the list of courses taught and/or list of projects worked on.
• Publications: Categorize your journal publications in two categories: (i) ISI-Indexed (ii) Non-ISI. Please give complete bibliographic information including DOI of all publications.
• List of funded projects/patents/commercialized products.
• Any other details you may wish to include.
• References: List potential references (with their official email IDs).
Step 2: Send the CV in single PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 months of publication of this advertisement. The subject of the email should be “Domain - Specialization - Position - Gender.” For example, “EEE - Electronics - Associate Professor - Male.” Please note that the application without a Domain abbreviation will NOT be considered!
While we appreciate all applications, only the qualified short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics CEEM
Architectural Engineering AE
Energy Engineering EE
Electrical Engineering and Electronics EEE
Industrial and Innovation Engineering IIE
Industrial Engineering and Operational Research IEOR
Water Desalination and sustainability WDS
Mechanical Engineering and Material Science MEMS
Production Engineering PE
Welding Engineering WE
Fire and Safety Engineering FSE