Research Assistantship (Direct PhD (MS-PhD integrated) or PhD) for Fall 2019 at Incheon National University, South Korea
Direct PhD (MS-PhD Integrated)/ PhD research assistant positions (tuition waiver and monthly stipend) are available to work in Haptic Engineering Research Laboratory at Incheon National University (INU), Incheon, South Korea.
We are particularly interested in candidates in the following research topics:
- Tactile sensing and feedback based robotic controls (Touch Aware Robotics)
o Haptic assistive interface design for rehabilitation (robotic arm, leg, foot)
o (Optional) Deep learning or machine learning experience, and strong programming skills
- Haptic augmented skin imaging for diagnosis (Biomedical Imaging System)
o Computer vision & image processing, computer graphics (deformable 3D rendering), virtual reality with HMD and C++, Matlab programming skills
- Real-time haptic feedback for mobile touchscreens (Multimodal User Interface)
o Microprocessor and Android programming skills, and circuit theories
- Brain Computer Interface with haptic sensing and feedback (Brain Computer Interface)
o Brain Computer Interface, EEG sensing and signal processing, robot controls, and strong programming (java or C++) skills
- Haptics-augmented immersive interface (Immersive AR/VR)
o Haptics augmented user interface design for rehabilitation, mobile devices, car drivers, existing virtual reality with HMD, IoT device control. Strong programming (java or C++) with Unity3D needed.
The graduate research assistantship includes a monthly stipend and full tuition waiver only if a candidate meets the following requirements:
- Degree requirement: BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- English requirement: iBT 88 or IELTS 6.5
- GPA requirement: 3.5/4.5
Interested students should send curriculum vitae, along with English exam scores (minimum requirement: iBT 88 or IELTS 6.5), official transcript(s), a desired research topic (choose one of topics above), sample published papers and contact information for min. two references, via email to: email@example.com. Accepted students will be provided with a monthly stipend and full scholarship to cover the tuition fee. The due date of the applications is Mar 31, 2019.
Note: Please include the words "HERL-Direct PhD or PhD Applicant – Fall 2019" in the "Subject" line of your email. Your desired program (Direct PhD or PhD) should be informed clearly in the email. Please do not send your application if you don’t meet any of the requirements above since no assistantship and scholarship will be provided.