The Gas Processing Center (GPC) at the College of Engineering, Qatar University, is seeking highly qualified individuals to apply for the position of Associate/Full Professor in the area of process integration and optimization. The ideal candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (or a related field), with strong credentials in the development/utilization of computational tools to synthesize, design, control and optimize processes in the Oil and Gas Industry. Hence, a strong background in process synthesis, development, integration and optimization are highly desirable. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to strengthening the capacity and expertise of the Gas Processing Centre. He/she is also expected to promote strong ties with the local Oil and Gas industry, through consultation and training. The ideal candidate must have a strong track record of published work, indicated by a significant number of publications and excellent research funding. Most importantly, the Center is looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented individual who is interested to work and support the different research and teaching activities of the Center.
The Gas Processing Center (GPC) is a state-of-the-art research hub that combines high-level academic and industrial expertise and facilities to address major challenges related to the gas and oil industry. A consortium of Qatari and international companies that are active in the Oil and Gas sector sponsors the center and most of the research areas and training activities of the center are developed in consultation with the consortium members. GPC conducts research and development in areas that are of great importance to the consortium members and provides pilot plants for scalable trials of numerous processes. GPC is the only Research Center in the region that focuses on Gas Processing Research and houses several industrial pilot plants.
1.A Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, or related fields
2.A minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience in the required field.
3.Strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals
4.Good experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Informal enquiries to Dr. Mohammed Saad, email@example.com Director of Gas Processing Center, College of Engineering, Qatar University.