The Renewable Energy Research Center (RERC) at the American University of Sharjah (AUS) is seeking one highly motivated researcher with experience in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) system design. The successful applicant should have excellent data analysis skills to conduct innovative research in solar-powered quadrotors. The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary research group to conduct and analyze experiments in intelligent control system design using AI and machine learning.
The project is carried out in collaboration with the Data Science Program, George Washington University, USA.
Desired skills and experience:
The candidate must have good oral and written English communication skills. The candidate must also be capable of participating in interdisciplinary collaborative work in the area of Autonomous Systems in a highly interactive international team, with fellow undergraduate and graduate MSc students. Academic excellence, a professional work attitude, proactive and self-driven nature, as well as leadership potential are expected.
Candidates must have completed at least a M.Sc. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering, or in a closely related field. The candidate should have direct research experience and skills in the following areas:
- UAV-based measurements with an emphasis on hardware integration
- Data acquisition systems, embedded systems, electronics
- System design, component integration, programming
- Experience with manual and automated piloting of quadrotors is desirable
- Prior exposure to power electronics converters and electrical drives will be an asset
Selected candidate will be appointed for one year (starting September 1st, 2023) with renewal contingent upon satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates should submit a complete application package to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
A complete application includes:
- Short motivational statement explaining why you are suited for, and interested in, this position
- Two letters of recommendation.