Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU) invites applications for a Professor (Tenured) / Associate Professor (Tenured) in Power Engineering.
Established in 1981, the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and research. To support advanced research, the School hosts 13 research centres and facilities which are well-equipped with sophisticated and state-of-the-art equipment. Besides the 13 centres, there are more than 50 laboratories, supporting both the teaching and research activities in the School.
Join the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the College of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore as a faculty member and embark on a challenging and exciting career in research innovations and teaching excellence, so as to prepare engineering leaders of the future.
The candidate is expected to possess an international reputation as a technological leader in power engineering which includes but not limited to Power Systems, Renewable Energy Systems, Smart Grid, Electric Energy Storage Systems, Power Electronics & Energy Conversion etc., and have an excellent record of distinguished academic and scholarly achievements, along with a demonstrated commitment to the core traditions of excellence and innovation. Upon the appointment, the job holder is expected to play a leading role in the area of power engineering for NTU’s School of EEE so as to grow new capabilities, nurture innovative ideas and develop strategies to secure external resources for power engineering projects on a sustainable basis. The job holder is expected to demonstrate academic and research leadership and contribute to the nurturing of young researchers in power engineering and the broader area of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
The selected candidate will also be expected to work closely with NTU’s industry partners in developing capability aligned with the technology needs of the companies in the area of power engineering.
- Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- A relevant PhD from a reputable university
- Extensive research and teaching experience in power engineering (for tenured appointment)
- Successful track record of academic/research leadership and team building
- Experience in cross-disciplinary research initiatives and collaboration
- Well-developed understanding of the priorities, operation and strategies for obtaining research funding
- History of successful training and development of early career researchers and/or PhD students
- Strong network and ties with renowned international entities and organisations
- Internationally acclaimed with presentations such as keynote addresses at flagship conferences and prestigious journal publications.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications (cover letter, CV, research and teaching statements, and citation report, where applicable) through the NTU career portal.
Review of applications and shortlisting decision will be on an on-going basis until the position is filled.