The Delta-NTU Corporate Laboratory for Cyber-Physical Systems was jointly established by the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Delta Electronics.
The Corp Lab aims to create business value through collaborative commercialization of translational research and industrial development. The successful candidates will conduct research and development work related to Smart Manufacturing. The candidates are expected to contribute in effort targets pave new solution business in Smart Manufacturing in the Asia Pacific Region.
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 13th globally. NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities and ranked 6th globally for Engineering and Technology.
Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) http://www.eee.ntu.edu.sg is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and research. With more than 150 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,000 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world and ranks 8th in the field of Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subjects.
Delta Electronics was founded in 1971 and is a global leader in Power Electronics, Energy Management and Smart Green Life, with over 50 R&D sites globally and more than 5,000 R&D engineers.
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATION:
The successful applicants will be responsible for research and development of an indoor visible light communication (known as Li-Fi) and positioning system for various position-enabled applications. The scope of the job includes, but is not limited to:
1) Experimental investigation of visible light communication and position systems.
2) Development of an embedded components for visible light communication and positioning.
3) Investigating and analysing various interference generated from different sources in the system and developing effective techniques to mitigate those interferences.
4) Developing/implementing effective equalization techniques to enhance modulation bandwidth, leading to increased transmission data rate and positioning accuracy.
5) Working with other team members to develop a VLP/VLC prototype system and evaluate its performance in real-life/practical settings.
- Ph.D degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or Photonics, or other relevant field (Applicants who have submitted Ph.D thesis can be considered).
- Good experience and knowledge of visible light communication, optical communication, and free space optics.
- Good experimental skills in optoelectronics and optical systems.
- Good understanding of microcontrollers/microprocessors and embedded systems
- Good knowledge of localization/positioning techniques.
- Good experience in programming languages including MatLab, C/C++, Assembly language, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills, being willing to work with people from varied backgrounds.
Interested candidates please indicate the Job Bank ID "JOB-2018-0224445" and send your CV/resume, a list of publications with relevant journal impact factors, a list of at least 2 references, and all relevant academic certificates to:
Prof Arokiaswami Alphones
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: EAlphones@ntu.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the positions are filled.