Search for University Jobs in Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering Assistant Professor
California State University, Fresno
Electrical and Computer Engineering Assistant Professor
Job No: 532141
Work Type: Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Engineering
California State University, Fresno
Lyles College of Engineering
Department Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Fall 2024 (August 2024)
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at California State University Fresno, seeks to fill a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the areas of RF and microwave electronics, radar, and antennas. The person appointed to the position will carry out academic duties that include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses and laboratories, conducting scholarly activities and applied research, mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, and engaging in service-related activities at all levels of the University, while furthering the department's efforts to provide an equitable and inclusive learning environment. The appointee to this tenure-track faculty position will be expected to:
- Contribute to the instructional programs in the broad areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering by teaching undergraduate and graduate courses,
- Mentor and academically advise undergraduate and graduate students,
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate student research
- Actively pursue grants and contracts and conduct research in the areas of RF and microwave electronics, radar, and antennas,
- Collaborate with department faculty colleagues, and members of the Lyles College of Engineering and Fresno State faculty,
- Engage in service activities at all levels of the university,
- Develop short-term courses, workshops, and seminars.
- Actively engage in assessment of student learning and participate in program accreditation efforts.
- Specific assignments will depend on department and college needs.
Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Required Education (from an accredited university or equivalent institution of higher education.):
- An earned doctorate (PhD or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for appointment, the doctorate must be completed by August 1, 2024.
The ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds. The University is committed to promoting the success of all, and to reducing the barriers to success related to differences in areas such as race, ethnicity, culture, disability, and others. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
- Experience teaching or potential to teach undergraduate and graduate courses using effective and inclusive teaching pedagogies.
- Experience or potential in developing and writing proposals and submitting grants for external support.
- Experience in conducting research and engaging in scholarly activities that lead to publishing in academic and professional journals. Previous research experience involving RF and microwave electronics, radar, and antennas is particularly desirable.
- A record of active participation and/or leadership roles in relevant professional or student organizations or other experiences that demonstrates potential for active engagement in University service.
- Evidence of a commitment to, (or an expressed interest in) the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion for historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities in engineering.
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, applicants should submit all application materials by November 15, 2023. Applications received after this date may not be considered. The review of applications will begin on November 16, 2023. This position automatically closes on March 31, 2024. Note: All positions at Fresno State are subject to funding availability.
Apply online at: http://careers.csufresno.edu
Submit all the following application materials::
- A cover letter, specifically addressing required education, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A statement that reflects on the candidate's teaching accomplishments and philosophy, including evidence of effective and inclusive teaching (maximum two pages);
- A statement that reflects on the candidate's proposed research plan (maximum two pages);
- A statement that reflects on the candidate's contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in engineering and the candidate's commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds (maximum two pages); and
- A list of names and contact information of three professional references.
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail within designated deadline. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items.
- Three current letters of recommendation (dated within 12 months of full consideration date.)
- Official transcripts
Search Chair: Dr. Aaron Stillmaker
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
About the Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect and ethical behavior.
The campus is ranked 26th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges. The university is classified as a R2 "Doctoral University - High research activities" university per Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
Commensurate with education and experience the anticipated hiring range is $7,400-$7,750 per month for Assistant Professor (12 monthly payments per academic year). As a member of the 23-campus CSU System, we offer an extremely competitive benefits package.
Tenure-Track Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University's Probationary Plan Process. For additional information, please visit: www.fresnostate.edu/academics/facultyaffairs/procedures/facultyrtp/. We value our commitment to the success of our faculty by providing services from the Center for Faculty Excellence to Research and Sponsored Programs.
About the College and Department:
California State University, Fresno has offered engineering courses since 1922. The Lyles College of Engineering currently offers seven undergraduate degree programs and five graduate degree programs and/or options.
The ECE department offers two Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees, one in Electrical and Engineering and one in Computer Engineering with unmatched breadth and depth. Both Electrical Engineering (EE) and Computer Engineering (CPE) degree programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). The Lyles College of Engineering's Valley Industry Partnership for Cooperative Education (VIP) Program provides internships and co-operative opportunities for students, enabling them to work off-campus in their fields for competitive wages. The department also offers graduate programs leading to a Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MSECE).
The ECE department is deeply committed to providing the best engineering education at the forefront of technologies in the following areas:
- Energy, Power and Control Systems
- Radio Frequency and Radar Signal Processing
- Wireless Communication
- VLSI Design and Test
- Embedded Systems and Machine Learning
- FPGA Design Prototyping
- Remote Sensing and Cybersecurity
- Smart Grids
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
ECE is a leader in CSU Fresno's mission to foster student success, provide exceptional quality programs, facilitate student engagement, learning, leadership development, a sense of belonging and academic support and career goals. Our vision is to grow our programs while ensuring we provide opportunities to students from all backgrounds and to provide highly skilled professionals who contribute to a diverse workforce.
ECE Faculty research is funded by federal, state and regional agencies and industry. Graduates of the department are in high demand. The department has established strong relationships with a variety of industry partners, and receives strong support from the regional industry.
The Fresno State campus sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokuts and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land.
Other Campus Information:
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed for appointment to this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. A copy of this Executive order can be obtained by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment
Per CSU-wide policy (HR2021-04), all faculty who will begin initial employment (or return from a 12-month break in service) on or after January 1, 2022 are required to perform their work from within the State of California. Faculty hired prior to January 1, 2022 must be available to perform work in the State of California if their assignment is in-person.
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/532141/electrical-and-computer-engineering-assistant-professor
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |